Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Catching up

I didn't realize how much catching up I had to do. I started my book in February 2007, then didn't touch it after about May. That's more than four years ago! The word count was over 13,000. I am having to read it to catch up to myself, re-learn the voices I created for each character.

I think the characters are my main concern. Do I have too many? I'm trying to introduce them with distinction and their own little story before I dump another body on the reader. Oh well, not something to worry about too much right now, just catch up and carry on!

Almost an hour tonight, but mostly reading instead of writing.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, concerned about the characters huh? Does each one serve a real purpose and move the story forward? If yes, then you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the characters you have in your novel, but yes, there are a lot of them. I got a little lost when I was reading your draft a couple of weeks ago. Again, I really like the different people, but there's quite a few folks and they come at the reader quickly. As you said, don't worry about it right now!

    What's funny about your observation is that I have the opposite problem -- I don't have enough characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Brooke: I can give some of my characters to you. Problems solved!

    ReplyDelete